Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dancing Dramatics

Goob and I take a Mom&Me dance class every Thursday. We lost our permanent teacher in November and have had substitutes since then. And let me just say that it’s been, well, not so fabulous. I question why I even pay them money for what they offer. They turn on the same CD and we do the same thing every week. I lead and the teacher gets paid. But I do it because of the smile on Gooby’s face.
This week I decided that I needed to do something. I wrote an e-mail to the studio directors with some class suggestions. The response was that they are delighted with the class as it is. And since I am unhappy, they’d be happy to suggest other Mom&Me programs that we can go to. They’ll draw up the papers for me to sign to drop the class. In other words, I am politely being kicked out of a 2-year old dance class!
Ever hear the saying, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”? The way I see it, I’ve paid for the rest of the month. So I’m going to go to let the other moms know what’s happening: because of my critique, it was “suggested” that I leave. And I’ll suggest to them that they leave also.
But I suppose all’s well that ends well: we’re enrolled in a new program at the gym next door to dance! I hope she’ll love it. I am hoping that Goob’s smiles are because of the Mommy-time and not just dance class.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry. This just cracks me up. How ridiculous is this. Just nuts. So sorry they were so nasty to you. I do hope Juli loves the new class.

    My mother in law couldn't say enough wonderful things about you, by they way. so thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete