Saturday, January 10, 2009

I want want want (it's a song)

Mister and I run a grading/sprinkler installation/snow removal business. I am in charge of accounting. I am used to doing it, and I’m pretty good at it when I want to be. But I’m a disgruntled employee. My current whine: my desk. It’s a folding table that Mister went “Dumpster Diving” after at his old job in AK. Eww.
Here’s why I deserve a new desk:

  • The “modern” gift for 7th wedding anniversary is a desk set. (Can you believe we’ve been married 7 Years?!)

  • This one is icky.

  • If this is where I make money for the business, I should be able to spend money from the business for it.

  • I am good enough. I am smart enough. And by golly, people like me!

  • I’ve saved $80 of my own.

Cute, huh?! The thing is, I really think the desk just bigger than this would be better. But it only comes in normal colors like wood. I love the red! So I guess it's a good thing that I don't have all the money yet since this isn't what I really want. But it's fun to dream!

3 comments:

  1. You obviously know that I LOVE IT. Its a thing of pure red happiness! Anyhow, hope it happens.

    Hey, and thanks again for taking Lilly this week to school while we are in Mexico. I really appreciate it.

    You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! I was checking out your parent's blog and stumbled on you guys. I am excited to see pictures of the kids and to see that you are doing well. Check us out at alaskapaynes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara! I LOVE love LOVE your blog...I have wanted you to start a blog forever! Your kids are so adorable...and when I read your blog I feel like I am talking to you! You are such the best! We miss you guys!

    ps LOVE the red desk...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete